Prevention Services Manager
Full-time: 40 hours/week
Reports to: PFY Suffolk Project Director
Contracts: YMSM1/YMSM2/Damian PrEP/LI Prevention
- Responsible for professional development and supervision of identified staff (Queens Outreach Specialist, HIV Services Navigator I and II, YMSM Services Navigator, and HIV tester).
- Carry an HIV Navigator Services (HNS) caseload consisting of 15-20 clients (quarterly) high risk YMSM and transgender individuals of color, with a focus on PLWHA, up to age 30.
- Provide clinical program coverage during MpowermentLI Nassau, Mpower+ and MpowerVIDA’s social programming and large community level events in Nassau County; addressing any client crisis and/or clinical concerns as they arise.
- Create and facilitate sexual health workshops, as needed, designed to increase knowledge regarding PrEP, PEP, HIV testing, U=U, and STIs
- Work collaboratively with staff in creating and assessing (quarterly) target recruitment plans for grant funded programs.
- Create and conduct internal QI/QA projects to ensure efficient programmatic delivery. This includes creating client satisfaction surveys, Pre/Post test, and monitoring outreach trends.
- Provide grant management for Nassau based HIV prevention grants, including but not limited to running AIRS reports, compiling internal monthly stats and monthly grant narrative reports, identifying and tracking trends.
- Maintain positive working relationships with all grant contractors/subcontractors.
- Attend monthly subcontract meetings for both Queens and Nassau PrEP programs.
- Track and monitor programmatic deliverables ensuring that programs are functioning in order to meet funded expectations.
- Enter all HIV prevention line data into AIRS system, including pulling monthly report aggregates.
- Work closely with PFY Suffolk Project Director to establish and identify new community partners and collaborative relationships.
- Other duties as assigned by PFY Suffolk Project Director.
Master’s degree in social work or equivalent. Experience with young gay and bisexual men and transgender individuals of color, including HIV prevention work, individual and group counseling is a must. Proven competency providing services to young gay and bisexual men, particularly young men of color is required. Experience with HIV testing protocols and compliance strongly preferred. Candidate must have strong supervisory experience, be adaptive and have the ability to handle multiple tasks, and exhibit strong problem solving abilities and a good sense of humor! Knowledge of high impact interventions, Mpowerment, POL, CLEAR, and PCC, strongly preferred. Knowledge of AIRS system preferred. Strong working knowledge of HIV prevention, sex positivity, and queer sexual health education, a must. Ability to engage and work collaboratively with diverse communities: health and human services, educational, communities of color, LGBT communities, and civic and religious organizations. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Work schedule requires both evening and weekend availability. Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Social Media platforms. Bilingual English/Spanish is a must. Occasional travel between Queens, Nassau and Suffolk Counties is required – must have own transportation (car and driver’s license).
All interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to:
Devon Zappasodi, PFY Suffolk Project Director
No phone calls, please!