MpowermentLI Nassau Services Navigator
1) Co-facilitate the high impact evidence based intervention, MpowermentLI Nassau, twice per week. This includes but is not limited to: program promotion, planning of meetings, evaluations, client assessments (initial and quarterly) and execution of larger events.
2) Provide confidential HIV testing and counseling for high-risk individuals during programming and by appointment, with a particular focus on young gay and bisexual men and transgender women of color. Maintain all HIV testing logs, equipment and records.
3) Coordinate ongoing medical care for newly diagnosed HIV positive clients.
4) Provide case management services clients living with HIV promoting medication adherence and retention with the goal of reaching an undetectable HIV viral load.
5) Promote the initiation of, retention in and adherence to, client centered sexual health based medical interventions.
6) Provide community and social media-based outreach to young gay/bisexual/queer men and transgender women (ages 13-30) throughout Nassau County, Long Island, with a focus on African American and Latino populations. Community outreach venues will include local colleges, bars, nightclubs, street/neighborhood locations etc. Social media outreach will include Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr and dating apps such as Grindr and Jack’d. Outreach will include tabling, giving out safer sex packets, providing education on PEP/PrEP, HIV testing, and program services.
7) Maintain all required electronic and written records of testing, linkages and outreach activities, in addition to maintaining monthly statistics of clients served.
8) Additional activities as assigned by the Project Director.
Bachelors degree in related field preferred. Associate’s degree, two years/some college, or significant work experience with the LGBTQ community and HIV prevention considered. Must have strong working knowledge of HIV prevention, PEP/PrEP and sexual health education. Proven competency providing services to young gay & bisexual men, and transgender women, particularly individuals of color, is a plus. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Work schedule requires both evening and some weekend availability. Ability to manage time well and handle multiple tasks. Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Facebook, Instagram is a must with abilities in Photoshop and/or Illustrator a plus. Travel throughout Suffolk is required with some sporadic Nassau travel. Must have own transportation which includes driver’s license and vehicle. Bilingual Spanish/English is preferred. LGBTQ individuals of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Devon Zappasodi, PFY Suffolk Project Director, at email@example.com – NO PHONE CALLS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Part-time: Approx. 9-11 hours/week
- MUST support the mission of the agency
- Provide transportation in Nassau County (primarily to/from the towns of Hempstead, Uniondale, Freeport, Westbury and Roosevelt) for the Friday night Coffeehouse program
- Responsible for keeping agency vans clean and safe for clients (including reporting to supervisor any maintenance or repair needs)
- Any other tasks assigned by supervisor as needed
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Current New York state driver’s license and clean driving record
- Demonstrate high level of responsibility & trustworthiness
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience working with young people
Work Schedule (not negotiable):
Fridays 3:00pm – Midnight
Please contact Tawni J. Engel, Pride for Youth Project Director, at 516-679-9000 ext. 12 or firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.