Dear Board Members and Peer-to-Peer Fundraisers,
Thank you so much for helping to promote our virtual suicide awareness event: “Making Moves for Suicide Prevention”. The Walk is one of LICC’s most important yearly events, bringing together the Long Island community, honoring those who have died by suicide, and raising money and awareness for LICC’s lifesaving family of services.
And, we can’t do it without you!
Below are several tools and tips for promoting our upcoming walk…
Social Media Share LinksShare The Walk on Facebook Post a Tweet About The Walk Share The Walk on LinkedIn Send Pre-Written Walk Email
Tips for Promoting The Walk
- Make it personal. When sharing information about The Walk on Facebook and Twitter, it’s important to share what this event means to you personally. Consider sharing why you are walking, ways LICC has impacted your life, and what the support of your friends and family would mean to you.
- Engage with LICC’s social media pages. When visiting LICC on Facebook or Twitter, be sure to LIKE our updates, SHARE/RETWEET our posts, and leave COMMENTS. The more you engage with our social media pages, the more likely we are to show up in the Facebook newsfeed and be seen by your followers.
- Don’t underestimate email! While we typically associate social media with Facebook and Twitter, remember that your email list is also a powerful, personal social media tool! Never underestimate the impact of a well-written email in spreading the word about an important cause.
- Build steam. We encourage you to start posting to social media right away, and then to begin posting more frequently as The Walk approaches. On the day before The Walk, try to post two or three times.
- Feel free to get creative! These tools and tips have been designed to make things as easy as possible. But, don’t be afraid to put your own spin on things, and come up with new ideas.
RAISING $500 IN 8 EASY STEPS
We are excited you have chosen to participate in Making Moves for Suicide Prevention. We’d like to show you just how simple it can be to raise money for our cause.
Are you ambitious and have set a higher goal for yourself than $500? Great! Simply adjust the minimum donation amount you’re asking of each potential donor and/or increase the number of people you’re going to ask.
Donate to yourself. It all begins with you!………………… $50
Ask 4 family members to donate $25.00 each…………. $100
Ask 4 friends to donate $25 each……………………………. $100
Ask 4 co-workers to donate $25 each……………………….. $100
Ask your boss for a company contribution of…………….. $100
Ask 2 local business you frequent to donate $25 each…… $50
Use social media like Facebook, Twitter, etc. Send an e-blast and share what you are doing. Include your personal fundraising page link as well, so they can donate immediately. Ask friends for $25! Try choosing a different group of friends to target each week. The key is volume. $25 a person adds up quickly.