Long Island Crisis Center is participating in the cutting-edge implementation of 988 services. If you are passionate about people and want to make a difference this is the opportunity for you!
Crisis Program Supervisor
As part of the 988/National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, Long Island Crisis Center is searching for a 988 Program Supervisor to oversee day to day activities of our 988 phone counselors. The ideal candidate is a licensed mental health professional who is a motivated, a team player and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Oversees the 988 phone counselors
- Compiles weekly schedule ensuring all shifts are properly staffed
- Ensures that all calls are documented accurately and policies and procedures are followed by counselors answering the 988 phone lines
- Provides guidance and support to counselors during shift
- Makes Suicide outreach and follow up calls as needed
- Maintains the knowledge of 988 counselors to back up phone coverage when needed
- Monitors and provides quality assurance for 988 calls and reviews database to ensure quality standards are achieved
- Collaborates with 988 Director on training and ongoing development of resource and referral manuals
- Ensures staff receives supervision and guidance to adhere to the NSPL best practices, guidelines and operational requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and can shift attention under distracting conditions without loss of accuracy
- Technologically proficient; ability to navigate digital platforms
- Demonstrates a strong ability to identify, analyze and solve problems
- Ability to remain non-judgmental and provide non-directive, empathetic counseling to callers across a wide variety of topics and needs
Education and Experience:
- LMSW or LMHC required.
- Crisis Intervention or training experience a plus.
- Hybrid work environment – must be available to work 3 days a week in our Bellmore office including 1 weekend day as part of your permanent schedule
- Flexible schedule – 40 hours weekly/some evening hours may be required
- Must be available as part of on-call team for consultation with staff when needed
Benefits and Salary:
Work with us, and you’ll enjoy:
- Salary Range: $ 60k–65k annually
- Our benefits package includes a generous paid time off policy, health insurance and the opportunity to contribute to a 403b retirement plan.
- Supportive working environment with opportunity for advancement.
- Qualifying employer for U.S. Department of Education Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF): student loans.
This is an exciting new initiative and we are creating these positions around the best candidate. If you are passionate about making a difference and helping people but have questions about specific requirements please reach out to [email protected]