Long Island Crisis Center is participating in the cutting-edge implementation of 988 services. If you are passionate about people and want to make a difference this is the opportunity for you!
988 Program Supervisor
Full-time: 40-hours (37.5 actual work hours/2.5 on-call)
Administrative level – Exempt
Reports to: 988 Program Director
Updated: July 2023
- Oversee Suicide Outreach and Follow up program including assigning and making outreach and follow up calls as needed
- Share in the oversight and supervision of 988 phone counselors, including assisting in training new counselors
- Provide guidance and support to counselors during shifts
- Maintain current knowledge of 988 policies, procedures and trainings
- Backs up phone coverage for 988 and Helpline when needed
- Share in on-call responsibilities for interventions/consultations for counselors
- Mentor Counselors-in-Training and monitors role plays as needed
- Other tasks as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and can shift attention under distracting conditions without loss of accuracy
- Technologically proficient; ability to navigate digital platforms
- Demonstrates a strong ability to identify, analyze and solve problems
- Ability to remain non-judgmental and provide non-directive, empathetic counseling to callers across a wide variety of topics and needs
Education and Experience:
- LMSW or LMHC required.
- Crisis Intervention or training experience a plus.
- Flexible schedule – needs to work 1 weekend day per month
- Hybrid work environment – remote and in Bellmore office