In light of the recent outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19), Long Island Crisis Center would like to share some important information and resources for our community:
- Long Island Crisis Center’s hotline remains available 24/7. If you are in crisis or need emotional support, please call LICC at (516) 679-1111
- If you have any questions or concerns specific to Coronavirus, Nassau County has established a Coronavirus Hotline: 516-227-9570
- New York State has also established a Coronavirus hotline which can be reached at 888-364-3065
- Nassau County has developed a FAQ Tip-sheet on Coronavirus: Click here to view.
Tips for Preventing Spread
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw it in the trash.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoid close contract with people who are sick .
(Source: Nassau County Department of Health – Click Here to View PDF)
Practice Self Care
During times of uncertainty, it is important to practice self care. Try not to listen to news about the Coronavirus 24/7. Turn off the TV, do some deep breathing, listen to some music, take a walk, etc. If you need any support, LICC’s counselors are available 24/7 at 516-679-1111.
All content and information on this website are for informational purposes only, and are not a substitute for professional medical consultation or care. Consult a healthcare professional with any questions or concerns about your health and/or a medical condition. If you require immediate medical assistance, call 911 or go to your local emergency room.