We regret to announce that our Healing Together Support Group has been permanently discontinued due to circumstances beyond our control. We apologize for this news, but wish to share with you some important resources that may be helpful moving forward
To speak with a Long Island Crisis Center staff member and discuss additional resources available in the community, please join us at the Bellmore Memorial Library on 11/14/2019 between 7:00pm and 7:30pm.
If you are in crisis or need any emotional support, please call Long Island Crisis Center’s 24/7 hotline at 516-679-1111. Our counselors can also offer you referrals to counseling, as well as local support groups for Survivors of Suicide, including:
- MASSAPEQUA: A Place for Hope Survivors of Suicide — St. Rose of Lima/Father Graham Outreach Center, 2 Bayview Avenue, Massapequa – Contact Anne Marie Maiorana, 516-868-1576. Meets 4th Wednesday of every month from 7:30-8:30pm.
- LEVITTOWN: Survivors of Suicide Loss Support Group — St. Bernard’s Parish Center, 3100 Hempstead Turnpike, Levittown. Contact Dr. Luciano Sabatini, 516-799-5873. Meets twice a month – 2nd and 4th Monday from 7:00-8:30pm. One-time $20 registration fee.
- NEW HYDE PARK: Long Island Survivors of Suicide – Temple Tikvah, 3315 Hillside Ave., New Hyde Park NY. Contact is Beverly or Bill Feigelman, 718-380-8205. Meets the second Wednesday of the month from 7:30-9:30pm.
- EAST NORTHPORT: You’re Not Alone – East Northport. Contact Pat Karpowicz, 631-266-2656 or 631-639-8012. Meets 1st Monday from 7-8pm.
- PATCHOGUE: Brookhaven Hospice Survivors of Suicide Bereavement Support Groups – 631-687-2960 – Meets every Thursday 6-7:30pm – run by peer & professional. BMH Hospice, 105 W. Main St. Pachogue, NY
If you have any questions or would like more information, please call Long Island Crisis Center’s business line at 516-826-0244.